Thursday, June 13, 2013

Reading from MAKING POE PROUD



CROSSROADS

The long road meant nothing
It was a journey to a wanted
Destination
It was miles of troubles
That must be crossed
And she would press herself
To walk it
Because there was
No where else to go
And standing still
Was no longer
An option





MUSE’S ORPHAN

Glass of wine and
Lucid dreams
A hangover
And lack of sleep

Fuzzy shadows
Of past beliefs
Letting go
Doesn’t lend relief

No heir apparent
No kingdom’s keys
A muse’s orphan
A mind diseased

To childhood delusions
I’ve fallen prey
What I’m to be
I cannot say

Disillusionment
And poured wine
Lend awakening
To a disheartened mind

If I am lost
In lucid dreams
Let me scribble
For relief

These two poems from MAKING POE PROUD were recorded by the author (me) Lelain de Peche.  MAKING POE PROUD can be purchased through Amazon for Kindles.   

No comments:

Post a Comment