Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekend Finds

While out running errands yesterday I came across a large yardsale.  It looked as though someone was closing out an estate or two.  There were large pieces of furniture, books, artwork, linens, jewelry, electronics, home improvement items.  There were even doors and sinks!  I found a couple of lovely framed prints, a pair of shorts, and oddly, some really nice old jewelry.  I'm very happy with my finds and all I was charged was $3 for everything!  There was a strand of pearls that I mainly bought because of the lovely clasp that had rhinestones.  The strand had come loose from the clasp but I was able to repair it.  It's beautiful!  I'm spending the afternoon doing the laundry and cleaning the rhinetone, enamel, and gold tone pins and necklaces.  Some of these I'll keep and some of these I'll sell or give as gifts.  It'll little things like this that makes me happy despite the enormous amount of pain that I'm constantly in.

This the group - all this for $3!

It's actually Dogwood season right now in East Tennessee.  This one will stay in my collection.

Beautiful two strand bracelet will soon be going on sale at Ebay.

I LOVE this curved leaf!  This one is definitely staying with me.

This chain is super long, even after being doubled to go around the neck. The crystal insets are fushia, pink, and purple. This one ended up staying with me. Nice flapper length with gorgeous sparkles.

I adore vintage pins made of different colored crystals!  The lovely cocoa and amber shades with the aurora borealis stones are just fabulous!

This beautiful mid-century enamal and crystal pin comes from Coro. I love it. It's beautiful and unflawed.  But it's going on sale soon at either eBay.  (This has sold on eBay!)

This string of pearls has some weight to it.  They aren't real but they are very good imitations.  It was the clasp that caught my attention though.  It's silver with little diamond-like crystals in it. Just gorgeous.  The pearls had detached from the clasp and I repaired it.  It will be going on sale soon. (This has sold on eBay!)

The pendant almost looks like an outward explosion.  Or maybe the sun.  In this picture it almost looks like a comet with a tail.  I did a little cleaning and it was good to go.  I'll be putting it on Ebay soon. (This has sold on eBay!)

This lovely pair of clip on earrings will be in the mail soon, on their way to a new home with one of my sisters.  I hope she'll like them!

I love finding beauty and beautiful things.  Sometimes all I have to do is walk out the door or take a chance at an out of the way sale.  Beauty, simplicity, harmony, syncronicity - these make me happy!

In other news, we also planted the garden (before running errands).  In a few weeks we'll have 2 different kinds of  tomatoes, 3 kinds of peppers, squash, eggplants, basil, oregano, sage, cilantro, rosemary, parsley, strawberries, and blueberries.   I foresee a lot of canning and freezing in my future.  I hope it all won't slow my writing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment