Sunday, May 18, 2014

Absence

The snows and temps this winter were extreme. I had 2 feet of snow on my lawn at one point!  To say that I'm not used to this kind of weather would be an understatement.  I know that I suffer from seasonal affective disorder. I get withdrawn and although I am inside and have the time to do stuff, nothing gets done. It's like my body actually does want to hibernate in some weird sort of way.  I didn't even read as much as I usually do which is saying a lot.  I did, however, watch whole seasons of tv shows with my husband.  This is a short list of those shows:

All of the seasons of Boardwalk Empire
All of the seasons of Deadwood
All of the seasons of Justified
The first 4 seasons of Dexter and some of the 5th
All of the series The White Queen
All of the seasons of Game of Thrones

I'm sure there are some things that I left out. Obvious there was a lot of tv watched. We sat in front of the fire just watching them together.  I'm not sure if it meant as much to my husband but it certainly did to me.  To just sit there relaxing, snacking, watching, and then discussing the shows.  It was nice quiet time in a way.

The weather is getting warmer, sunnier. The plants that survived the winter's harshness are beginning to come into bloom.  Yet, I'm still waiting for my muse to come back to me. In the meantime, I've started reading again, although in a spotty pattern. I can hope that everything will eventually come back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment