Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Autumnal Colors



 


This autumn has been difficult for me as the doctors keep changing medications to prevent migraines and manage the symptoms of other ailments. There are days when I fell tempted to give up. Then poems like these come out of no where to flow from my pen onto the paper. Or I look up and my breath is taken away by the colorful landscape. I scrape myself together to move through another day.






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Written 10/1/12
 
Autumnal stumbles
Leaves fall and fly
the harvest moon enteres
to dance int he sky
 
I join the dance
of colors and dying
prepare a warm bed
to make ready for devining
 
Let the dreams come
in the dark cold night
color my writing
with visions of delight
 
 
 
 
Written 10/18/12
 
Winter starts a slow motion descent
called Autumn
All of nature hears the approach
and prepares
We are not foolish
We see the colorful signs
We stack the wood
We gather our wools
We preserve our foods
We pack our pantry
We harken our animals come in
We do not like the shiver
We cannot abide the hunger
We snuggle in deep and wait
We wait for the sun to feel warm again
We wait for the color parade to begin again
As summer starts a slow motion ascent
called Spring
all of nature shuffles off the cold
We reawaken and emerge
into a new world
 
 
  









No comments:

Post a Comment